Monday 21 September 2009

Mum's mental



Today is my birthday and I am off to the PSYCHIATRIST !

This may not seem relative to the main subject of my Blog,
but it is.

Last year after my 9 year old son started talking ' Death talk ' and dreaming ' Death dreams ' I knew it was time to take him to the Doctors.

He had been displaying all manner of strange symptoms (from birth) and was being bullied at school to the point of self-harming and wanting to die.

I believed that his strangeness was attracting the bullying and after re-iterating my sons serious and diverse long on going symptoms in writing, we were sent to the Child Psychotherapist.

The outcome then, was that I myself needed Psychiatric help and my son did not display any of the concerns I mentioned in my letter to the Doctor AND the Psychotherapist.

That was last August (2008)

Since then I have had all hell on but do not have time to explain at this moment
(because of my appointment which I promised to keep - albeit under protest)

In the months which followed,
  • Jamie was relentlessly bullied by teacher and pupils in front of witnesses.
  • The Schools Multi-Agency team disliked my sense of urgency and method of written expression and all rooted for me to get Psychiatric help.
  • The school was reluctant to take me seriously and were slow to act (negligent and prejudice in my view)
  • After some serious incidences Jamie was far too scared to go to school and eventually refused, threatening to run away if I sent him.
  • He was continually coming home from school and giving himself a ' Good Head Bashing '
  • The Head thought a TRIP would do him good (urrrgghh - makes my blood boil)
  • Social Services threatened me to " GET TO THE PSYCHIATRIST OR JAMIE GOES UNDER CHILD PROTECTION !"
  • I was urged to lodge a complaint with the Board of Governors, OFSTED and DCSF which I will explain later
  • After a continuity of symptomatic outbursts Jamie was finally diagnosed with
  • ASPERGERS / AUTISM
  • ADHD
  • OCD
  • GENETIC SELF-HARM
  • ANXIETY
  • DEPRESSION
  • SOCIAL PRAGMATIC DISORDER
So after all that, the mother WAS correct.
My son DID have something wrong which was attracting the bullying and much more.
The focus of attention was on ME and my unofficially supposed Psychosis when it should have been firmly fixed on my son.

My complaint was not upheld yet the bullying raging teacher left his post coincidentally early.

And I still have to go to the Psychiatrist.

Social Services have now closed the case.

What hell this Medical District have put me through for the last 12 years with my own health issues and now my sons.

The case with my son is a chance to peel back one of the labels Bassetlaw Hospital have stuck on me.

Gotta go - catch you later !







No comments: